- On September 9, 2019
Peachjar is a digital flyer management system used by Lexington One. Parents receive approved e-flyers in their inbox and may forward flyers to friends and
- On September 9, 2019
Thanks to the entire PHES Family for helping us start off the 2019-20 year in such a super way! We really appreciate you and all the ways you support our school. We especially thank you for sharing your children with us every day! Thanks for joining our PHES PTA!
“Preparing and Honoring Every Student”
Our Mission: Our mission is to cultivate a caring community where ALL learners are extraordinary communicators, collaborators, creators and critical thinkers.
Our Vision: Empower each child to design the future.
2019-2020 Theme: Adventures Await for All!
Some General Information:
1. If you have more than one child at PHES, we will send only one copy of the materials home with your child (unless one is needed for each child). Typically, we send materials home with the oldest child at PHES.
2. For the safety of our students, car riders in grades 1-5 with younger siblings in kindergarten will be at the front entrance of our school in the kindergarten sibling pickup line at dismissal. Those parents pick up older students at the front entrance of our school. Please let your student’s teacher know if your child has a kindergarten sibling.
3. We will be practicing all emergency drills during the first 2 weeks of school. Then each month, we will conduct a fire drill and one other emergency drill. To familiarize yourself with our emergency procedures, please refer to “In An Emergency: When You Hear It, Do It” page in the PHES Family Handbook and Calendar.
4. Students have the opportunity to run, walk, and exercise before school from 7:15 a.m.—7:35 a.m. every morning. Your child should meet Mr. Cronin in the P.E. room at 7:15 a.m. if he/she would like to participate. The schedule is as follows:
Mondays and Tuesdays:
Grades 4 and 5
Wednesdays: Grade 3
Thursdays: Grades 2
Fridays: Grade 1 and Kindergarten
5. Please know that we welcome you and your family to our campus on the weekend if you want to ride bikes, play on the playground, walk the track, etc. We appreciate your keeping dogs off the playground areas.
- On May 21, 2019
We thank Mrs. Jennifer McNair, assistant principal, for her service at PHES. We are grateful for her and for her leadership. We wish Mrs. McNair
- On November 5, 2018
Thanksgiving Holidays will be held from Wednesday, November 21 through Friday, November 23. There will be no school for students and staff. School will resume
Please click here: Lexington One’s Stronger Together Webpage for the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and re-opening plans from Lexington School District One.
March 18: Lexington County School District One offers a free food program for children 18 years old and younger.
June 23: Back-to-school proposals were presented to the School Board at the June 23 Lexington One School Board meeting.
July 8: July’s Summer Food Services will be available for delivery and pick-up on Wednesdays, with new stops available.
July 16: Together Talk with Parents – Lexington District One hosted a Together Talk informational session for parents on YouTube with Dr. Greg Little at 7:00 p.m
July 21: Together Talk: Mask Chat – Superintendent Greg Little speaks with pediatric infectious disease professionals, Dr. Anna-Kathryn Burch and Dr. Robert Daniels, about the importance of masking. View on YouTube channel from Lexington One.
August 17–21: LEAP Days for PreK–Grade 8 – Teachers and Select Students Invited for Assessments and Screenings
August 24–28: Teacher Workday/Professional Development Days for K–Grade 12
August 31 First Day for Students in 4K–Grade 12
September 7: Labor Day Holiday – No School for Students and Staff
September 18: E-learning Practice Days
September 25: E-learning Practice Days