- By L. J.
- On September 9, 2019
- Comments Off on Some general information for the 2019-2020 school year
Thanks to the entire PHES Family for helping us start off the 2019-20 year in such a super way! We really appreciate you and all the ways you support our school. We especially thank you for sharing your children with us every day! Thanks for joining our PHES PTA!
“Preparing and Honoring Every Student”
Our Mission: Our mission is to cultivate a caring community where ALL learners are extraordinary communicators, collaborators, creators and critical thinkers.
Our Vision: Empower each child to design the future.
2019-2020 Theme: Adventures Await for All!
Some General Information:
1. If you have more than one child at PHES, we will send only one copy of the materials home with your child (unless one is needed for each child). Typically, we send materials home with the oldest child at PHES.
2. For the safety of our students, car riders in grades 1-5 with younger siblings in kindergarten will be at the front entrance of our school in the kindergarten sibling pickup line at dismissal. Those parents pick up older students at the front entrance of our school. Please let your student’s teacher know if your child has a kindergarten sibling.
3. We will be practicing all emergency drills during the first 2 weeks of school. Then each month, we will conduct a fire drill and one other emergency drill. To familiarize yourself with our emergency procedures, please refer to “In An Emergency: When You Hear It, Do It” page in the PHES Family Handbook and Calendar.
4. Students have the opportunity to run, walk, and exercise before school from 7:15 a.m.—7:35 a.m. every morning. Your child should meet Mr. Cronin in the P.E. room at 7:15 a.m. if he/she would like to participate. The schedule is as follows:
Mondays and Tuesdays:
Grades 4 and 5
Wednesdays: Grade 3
Thursdays: Grades 2
Fridays: Grade 1 and Kindergarten
5. Please know that we welcome you and your family to our campus on the weekend if you want to ride bikes, play on the playground, walk the track, etc. We appreciate your keeping dogs off the playground areas.
November is National American Heritage Month
3—Daylight saving time ends
5—Election Day: students have a full day of school; Makeup day for individual school pictures
7—PTA Board of Directors meets at 6:00 p.m.
8—Duty-free lunch for teachers in K, Gr. 2 and Gr. 4
11—Veterans Day Ceremony at 9:00 a.m. on the field/track
12—PTA STEAM Night at 12:30 p.m.
13—World Kindness Day
14—PTA Knead Pizza Dining Day Out (all day); Watch D.O.G.S. Orientation for new fathers and father-figures at 6:30 p.m.
Week of 17— American Education Week
19—Lexington One School Board Meeting at 7:00 p.m. at Central Services
20—National Educational Support Professional Day; Duty-free lunch for teachers in grades 1,3, and 5
21—National Parent Involvement Day; SIC meets at 3:00 p.m.
22—Substitute Educators Day; School Spirit Day!
Week of 24—National Family Week
25—SIPAT meets at 6:00 p.m.
26—Grade 4 Colonial Day
27—29: Thanksgiving holidays
December 2 — Students and staff return to school; Book Fair begins and runs through Friday at noon.
December 3— Merry & Bright Curriculum Night