1. If you have more than one child at PHES, we will send only 1 copy of materials home with your child (unless one is needed for each child). Typically, we send materials home with the oldest child at PHES.
2. For the safety of our students, car riders in grades 1-5 with younger siblings in kindergarten will be at the front entrance of our school in the kindergarten sibling pickup line at dismissal. Those parents pick up the older students at the front entrance of our school.
3. We will be practicing all emergency drills during the first 2 weeks of school. Then each month, we will conduct a fire drill and one other emergency drill. To familiarize yourself with our emergency procedures, please refer to “In An Emergency: When You Hear It, Do It” flier being sent home today.
4. If you would like to send in a treat for your child’s birthday, we would appreciate your sending in a nutritious snack. Please see your child’s teacher about this. If your child has an allergy, please send safe snacks your child can eat.
5. Students have the opportunity to run, walk, and exercise before school from
7:15-7:35 a.m. every morning. Your child should meet Mr. Cronin in the P.E. room at 7:15 a.m. if he/she would like to participate. The schedule is as follows:
Mondays and Tuesdays:
Grades 4 and 5
Wednesdays and Thursdays:
Grades 2 and 3
Fridays: Grade 1 and kindergarten
6. Please know that we welcome you and your family to our campus on the weekend if you want to ride bikes, play on the playground, walk the track, etc. We appreciate your keeping dogs off the playground areas.