A nomination form for our School Improvement Council election is being sent home with the April newsletter. Every year we elect two parents to serve a two-year term on our SIC. The responsibilities of the SIC include the following:
- Participate in the development of the five-year school improvement plan
- Assist in implementing the plan and evaluating the outcome.
- Assist in the writing of the annual updates.
- Advise on the spending of any state incentive award funds received by the school.
- Write a brief explanatory narrative, in conjunction with the principal, for inclusion in the annual School Report Card.
Nominations are due by Tuesday, April 23, 2013. The election will be held on Thursday, May 9, 2013 from 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.